FRIED FISH CAKES
Preparation Method :
- Knead the fish meat with the chili curry paste until glutinous then add the string beans or winged beans and knead further until the contents are thoroughly blended.
- Add the kaffir lime leaves followed by the egg then knead the contents together again. Season with sugar, salt and fish sauce.
- Form the fish cake mixture into round balls then flatten. Fry in hot oil (set heat to medium) until golden brown.
- Serve with sauce and fried basil leaves.
- Mix the sugar, vinegar and salt together then set over heat until lightly boiled. Set aside to cool. Pour the mixture prepared in 1 into a bowl followed with the cucumber, cayenne pepper and peanuts.
- Gently mix the contents and set aside to serve with the fried fish cakes.
- 500 grams Clown knife fish meat, scraped
- 250 grams String beans or winged beans, thinly slivered or sliced
- 1 Chicken egg
- 4 leaves Kaffir lime leaves, cut into chopped
- 50 grams Chili curry paste
- 1 tablespoon Brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon Fish sauce
- ½ Ground salt
- IDHAYAM Mantra peanut oil for frying
- Basil leaves, fried as desired
- 4 pieces Red cayenne pepper, coarsely crushed
- 400 ml Vinegar
- 200 grams Brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon Ground salt
- 50 grams Peanuts, coarsely crushed
- Cucumber, sliced lengthwise as desired
©Copyright 2012, lekhafoods, All Rights Reserved