If you are planning to cook a food for your special date with your boyfriend, you can prepare the Mussel Antipasto. This dish is made of healthy ingredients like mussels, parsley, ground pepper, olive oil, and garlic. With the combination of these ingredients, you can now create a best and high quality dish.
Preparation Method :
- Discard any mussels that do not close when firmly tapped. Boil the wine or water in a large, heavy saucepan.
- Add the mussels, cover and cook over a high heat for 5 to 6 minutes, shaking the pan frequently, until the mussel shells have opened. Remove from the heat.
- Detach and discard the top shells, leaving each mussel in its lower shell. Arrange, side by side, in a large, shallow gratin dish or 4 individual gratin dishes.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley and pepper and spoon over the mussels. Sprinkle the oil evenly over the top.
- Cook in a preheated hot oven for 3 to 4 minutes or until the crumbs are just tinged brown.
- 2 kg mussels, scrubbed
- 250 ml dry white wine or water
- 100 grams fresh whole meal breadcrumbs
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons Cooking oil
©Copyright 2012, lekhafoods, All Rights Reserved