Preparation Method :
- Preheat oven to 190°C/ 375°F/Gas Mark 5, before cooking.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the spring onions and pepper until soft. Remove from the pan with a slotted draining spoon and place in large bowl.
- Drain the tuna, stir into the spring onions and pepper.
- Blend the ricotta cheese with the lemon zest and juice with the snipped chives, adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper and blend until soft.
- Add to the tuna and mix together. If the mixture is still a little stiff, add a little extra lemon juice.
- Carefully spoon the mixture into the cannelloni tubes, then lay the filled tubes in a lightly oiled shallow ovenproof dish.
- Beat the egg, cottage cheese, natural yogurt and nutmeg together and pour over the cannelloni.
- Sprinkle with the grated mozzarella cheese and bake in the preheated oven for about 20-22 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve immediately with a tossed green salad.
- 250 grams tuna in brine
- 250 grams tub ricotta cheese
- 150 grams cottage cheese
- 150 ml natural yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Cooking oil
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon freshly snipped chives
- 8 dried cannelloni tubes
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoon mozzarella cheese, grated
- Tossed green salad, to serve
©Copyright 2012, lekhafoods, All Rights Reserved