MANGALORE MACKEREL CURRY
Preparation Method :
- Heat oil in a vessel, add the curry leaves, ginger paste and green chillies. Fry for about one minute.
- Add the onion, fry for 2-3 minutes. Then add all the ingredients, except the mackerels. Fry till the oil separates.
- Add the mackerel pieces and cook till they are well done and the gravy is thick.
- 1 kg Medium-sized mackerels, cleaned and cut into large pieces
- 75 ml tablespoon Tamarind juice
- 1 tablespoon Coriander-cumin powder
- 75 grams onion finely chopped
- 5-6 Green chillies finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, ground to a paste
- Few Curry leaves
- Coconut oil as required
- Salt to taste
Grind to a fine paste
- 1 tablespoon Coconut, grated
- 2 tablespoon Onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon Peppercorns, roasted
- 9-10 Red chillies, roasted
- ½ teaspoon Fenugreek seeds, roasted in little oil
- 8-9 cloves Garlic, roasted in little oil
©Copyright 2012, lekhafoods, All Rights Reserved