Pav Bhaji,Most Popular Indian Street food for the People of Mumbai and Maharastra.It is a blend of More vegetables are cooked and mashed in tomato gravy served with butter fried Pav.
Preparation Method :
- Peel and mash the potatoes. Soak split mung beans in a little water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oil in a medium frying pan over high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and fry till golden brown.
- Add split mung beans, tomato and salt and cook till tomatoes get mashed.
- Add potatoes, red chili powder, and turmeric powder and pav bhaji masala.
- Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Add 2 tablespoon butter and lemon juice.
- Remove from fire.
- Slit the pavs in between. Preheat a griddle over high heat.
- Lightly, roast the pavs. Add butter. Remove from fire.
- Serve hot bhaji and pav.
- 8 boiled potatoes
- 4 tablespoons split moong beans
- 2 chopped onion
- 10 garlic cloves slit
- 6 chopped tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 tablespoons pav bhaji masala
- 500 ml water
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon
- 8 pavs
- 200 grams chopped coriander leaves
- 6 tablespoons IDHAYAM MANTRA peanut oil
12 comments for “Pav Bhaji”
©Copyright 2012, lekhafoods, All Rights Reserved