POTATO CURRY LEAVES FRY
This is a Dry Fry potato Recipe prepared with Boiled potatoes and Fried with Indian Spices Top up With a Deep fried curry leaves in Sesame Oil.It goes well with Rice and Roti
Preparation Method :
- Boil the potatoes, peel the skin and cut into round slices.
- The slices should be ¼ inch thick.
- Don't over cook the potatoes, 70 % of cooking is enough.
- Grind the ginger and garlic to a paste.
- Heat the pan with 2 tablespoon of oil and fry the fennel, coriander seeds, pepper, 1 teaspoon chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and small onions to a light brown colour.
- Once it cools down, grind it to a smooth paste with necessary water in a mixie.
- Add salt, kashmiri chilli powder, remaining chilli powder and mix well.
- Apply the above masala on the potato slices and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a non stick pan with enough oil and put in few potato roundles.
- Fry the potatoes and fry well until brown colour.
- While frying add some of the deep fried curry leaves.
- Fry all the potatoes following the above method.
- Finally add some more deep fried curry leaves.
- While serving, spread the remaining curry leaves on the top of the potatoes.
- Serve this potato curry leaves as a tea time snack.
- 500 grams potato
- 30 small onions
- 2 inches ginger
- 10 garlic
- 3 teaspoon fennel
- 2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 50 grams curry leaves
- 2 teaspoon kashmiri chilli powder
- 100 ml IDHAYAM sesame oil
- Salt to taste
17 comments for “Potato Curry Leaves Fry”
©Copyright 2012, lekhafoods, All Rights Reserved