Preparation Method :
- Make nicks all over the pork and insert the cloves. Put the pork into a bowl just big enough to accommodate it.
- Combine the rice wine, tomato puree, peppercorns, a little salt, the cinnamon and star anise in a saucepan. Heat through without boiling.
- Spoon the mixture over the pork, rubbing well into the flesh. Refrigerate for 4 hours, basting often.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Heat the oil in a wok or heavy frying pan over a moderately high heat.
- Add the pork (reserve the marinade) and seal on all sides Transfer to a small roasting tin and roast for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Pour the reserved marinade into a saucepan and stir in the leek and carrots. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes, adding a little water if needed.
- Pour boiling water over the noodles and leave to stand for 10 minutes or according to packet instructions. Drain and keep warm. Slice the pork.
- Stir the coriander into the sauce and add any juices from the roasting tin. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Divide the noodles among the serving plates, top with the pork and sauce and serve immediately.
- 500 grams boneless pork loin
- 2 tablespoon cloves
- 6 tablespoon rice wine
- 5 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
- Salt to taste
- 2 cinnamon stick, crushed
- 2 teaspoon star anise seeds, ground
- 4 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 leeks, cut into small strips
- 4 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 300 grams flat rice noodles
- 5 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
©Copyright 2012, lekhafoods, All Rights Reserved