PORK TENDERLOIN WITH GRAPEFRUIT SAUCE
Preparation Method :
- Marinate the pork medallions with the spring onions, grapefruit rind and juice, brown sugar, salt and pepper to taste, and the parsley.
- Cover and chill for 3 to 4 hours.
- Drain the pork medallions, reserving the marinade. Saute the medallions briskly in the oil until sealed on all sides.
- Mix the apricot puree with the stock and marinade and pour over the pork; cover and simmer for about 7 minutes until the pork is tender.
- Stir in the grapefruit segments and heat through.
- 750 grams pork loin, trimmed and cut in 1 inch thick medallions
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and minced
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 grapefruit
- 2 teaspoon light brown sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 300 ml unsweetened apricot puree
- 300 ml chicken stock
- Peeled segments from 4 grapefruit
©Copyright 2012, lekhafoods, All Rights Reserved