BACON AND VEGETABLE RAGOUT
Preparation Method :
- Heat the fat in a heavy-based pan, add the bacon and fry over brisk heat until golden.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the potatoes and leeks and fry until lightly colored. Sprinkle in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in the stock or water, then add the garlic, bouquet garni, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer gently for 20 to 25 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Discard the bouquet garni, taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve immediately with Hot Herb Bread.
- 2 tablespoon pork dripping
- 150 grams streaky bacon in the piece, derinded and diced
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 kilograms leeks (white part only), sliced into rings
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 400 ml vegetable stock or water
- 2 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 bouquet garni
- Freshly ground pepper
©Copyright 2012, lekhafoods, All Rights Reserved