PORK IN PASTRY
Preparation Method :
- Cut the pork into 4 slices and fry on both sides for 1 minute in the hot oil.
- Mix together the liver sausage, anchovy essence and salt and pepper to taste, then spread on each slice of pork and sprinkle with herbs.
- Roll out the pastry thinly and cut into 4 portions. Wrap each pork slice neatly in dough, sealing the joins with a little beaten egg.
- Use the trimmings to make decorative shapes and arrange on the parcels with egg. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Glaze the tops with the remaining egg and cook in a preheated moderately hot oven (200°C/400°F, Gas Mark 6) for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to moderate (160°C/325°F, Gas Mark 3) and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve with Oven-Cooked New Potatoes and Beans with Poulette Sauce.
- 500 grams pork fillet
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 50 grams liver sausage
- Few drops of anchovy essence
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh mixed herbs (chives, parsley, and thyme)
- 500 gram frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 eggs, beaten
©Copyright 2012, lekhafoods, All Rights Reserved