PORK AND BEAN CASSEROLE
Preparation Method :
- Cut the pork into 5 cm. Arrange on a rack in a roasting tin and cook towards top of a preheated hot oven (220°C/425°F, Gas Mark 7) for 20 minutes until crisp and browned.
- Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole; add the garlic, chili, onion and apple and fry, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Mix together the treacle (molasses), vinegar, mustard, tomato puree (paste) and stock, then pour into the casserole.
- Add the thyme, pieces of pork, salt and pepper to taste and the beans.
- Reduce the oven temperature to moderate (160°C/325°F, Gas Mark 3) and cook the casserole, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Stir in parsley and potatoes.
- Serve immediately with a mixed green salad.
- 1 kilo gram sliced belly pork
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 pickled chili, chopped
- 2 onion, chopped
- 2 cooking apple, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoon black treacle
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 tablespoons tomato puree
- 300 ml chicken stock
- Sprig of fresh or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 x 800 grams red kidney beans, drained
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 large potatoes, chopped and sauted
©Copyright 2012, lekhafoods, All Rights Reserved