SMOKED BACON, BEEF & OYSTER PUDDING
This smoked bacon, beef & oyster pudding is made up of sliced meat and perfect flavors like butter, fresh parsley, grated nutmeg, milk, chucked steak, and warmed honey. Because of its mixed flavors, every piece of meat is filled with tasty flavorings.
Preparation Method :
- Roll out the pastry on a floured board, cutting off one-third and keeping it on one side to top the pudding.
- Use the teaspoon of butter to grease a 1.8 litre pudding basin and line it with two-thirds of the suet pastry, pressing it in to cover the basin completely and slightly overlap the edge of the basin.
- Place the smoked bacon, beef and onion in a bowl and sprinkle with flour, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the milk, and blend thoroughly.
- Place the meat mixture in the pastry-lined pudding basin.
- Moisten the edge of the pastry with a little milk and place the remaining third of the pastry on top of the pudding, pressing and sealing the circular edges together and trimming off any excess pastry.
- Cover the basin with generously greased greaseproof paper and tie it tightly with string.
- Place the pudding in a large pan with enough boiling water to come two-thirds of the way up the sides of the basin.
- Bring to the boil for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat and steam gently for 3- 4 hours.
- Remove the greaseproof paper.
- Place a large serving plate on top of the pudding.
- Then hold the pudding and plate, reverse the pudding onto the plate and serve.
- 450 grams Suet Pastry
- A little flour
- 1 teaspoon softened butter
- 500 grams rind less smoked back bacon, diced
- 450 grams chuck steak, diced
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 250 grams minced pork
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- A pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 12 oysters and their juice
- 1 teaspoon clear warmed honey
- 200 ml Basic Beef Stock
- A little milk
©Copyright 2012, lekhafoods, All Rights Reserved