JAPANESE BEEF CURRY
Preparation Method :
- Curry Gravy: Heat butter in a frying pan and sauté minced onion for 3-5 minutes or until slightly brown.
- Add minced garlic and ginger, sauté for 1-2 minutes. Then add in the flour and curry powder, sauté over low heat for 1 more minute.
- Gradually pour in stock while stirring constantly. Simmer until sauce is thickened. Stir in garam masala and set aside.
- Heat butter in a pot and sauté sliced onion over medium heat until softened. Add diced beef and sauté until meat changes colour.
- Add stock, bay leaf, carrots and potatoes. Simmer over low heat for half an hour or until potatoes and carrots are soft.
- Add curry gravy to beef and vegetable mixture. Simmer over low heat for another half an hour, stirring often. Remove bay leaf and serve hot.
- 500 grams beef, diced
- 150 grams potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 50 grams brown onion, medium, peeled and finely sliced
- 500 ml beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 100 grams carrots, peeled and sliced
- 100 grams brown onions, peeled and minced
- 350 ml beef stock
- 50 grams butter
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon meat curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
©Copyright 2012, lekhafoods, All Rights Reserved