GARLIC BEEF CURRY WITH APPLE & SULTANAS
Garlic beef curry with apple and sultanas – perfect combination for all events! This dish is loaded with clear honey, sultanas, cooking apples and other tasty ingredients. With a combined sultana and apple, the dish looks more appetizing and delicious and you surely can’t resist its every bite.
Preparation Method :
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Coat the meat in the seasoned flour and brown it all over, cook it for about 6 minutes.
- Lift the meat into a large deep casserole.
- Slowly fry the shallots, garlic, apples and sultanas in the steak juices.
- Add the honey, beef stock, Worcester sauce and curry paste. Taste, then season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the steak, cover the casserole with a lid or cooking foil, place in the centre of the oven and cook for 2 hours until the meat is very tender.
- Add the soured cream, cook for a further 15 minutes and serve.
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 900 grams rump steak (fat and gristle removed), diced
- 50 grams flour, seasoned
- 450 grams shallots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed with a little olive oil
- 3 cooking apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 100 grams sultanas
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- 275 ml Basic Beef Stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcester sauce
- 3 tablespoons hot curry paste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 150 ml soured cream
©Copyright 2012, lekhafoods, All Rights Reserved