A CASSEROLE OF OXTAILS
A casserole of oxtails is blended with delicious ingredients like beef stock, fresh parsley, whole oxtails, butter, casserole and other special flavorings. Along with its juicy flavorings, the dish appears more palatable. This dish is excellent in both lunch and dinner.
Preparation Method :
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 3/170°C/325°F.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep casserole and cook the onions, carrots, turnip, celery, oxtails and bacon for 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the sifted flour and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Add the beef stock, port, soy sauce and tomato puree, boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season it well with salt and pepper, cover and place in the oven for 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, boil the parsnips for 15 minutes, then remove it from the pan, dry them well and coat them with a little butter and olive oil.
- About 1 hour before the oxtails are complete, put the parsnips in a roasting tin.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, dot with 25 grams of butter, season well and put in the oven.
- About 30 minutes before the oxtail is complete, mash the potatoes with the cream, nutmeg and butter.
- Place the potato in a piping bag.
- Using a very large, deep serving dish, pipe the potato around the edge, then place the oxtails on one side with the vegetables, and the baked parsnips on the other side.
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and Madeira, then serve.
- 75 ml sesame oil
- 2 peeled and sliced onions
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 small turnip, peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk, washed and sliced
- 2 whole oxtails, chopped and blanched in boiling water for 5 minutes
- 500 grams rind less, smoked streaky bacon, diced
- 50 grams flour, sifted
- 550 ml Rich Beef Stock
- 150 ml port
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 450 grams parsnips, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 50 grams butter
- 550 grams potatoes, peeled and boiled
- 3 tablespoons cream
- ½ nutmeg, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons Madeira
©Copyright 2012, lekhafoods, All Rights Reserved