BEEF AND VEGGIE STEW
Preparation Method :
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, leek, celei^ and garlic, and simmer for 5 minutes, without browning.
- Add the mushrooms and simmer for 5 more minutes, then remove from the pan.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan over high heat. Add the beef and brown all over, 10 minutes.
- Stir the flour in well. Return the vegetables to the pan and add the thyme, stock, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer until tender, about 2 hours. Add the potatoes to the pan after about 1 hour. Serve hot.
- 5 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 leeks, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100 grams mushrooms, sliced
- 1 kg braising steak, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose (plain) flour
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 1 liter beef stock
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large potatoes, quartered
©Copyright 2012, lekhafoods, All Rights Reserved