KANCHEEPURAM TUMBLER IDLI
Preparation Method :
- Soak rice and urad dal for 4 hours.
- Grind coarsely with required salt and keep aside for 8 hours till it raises.
- Heat ghee and oil in a pan and fry cashews, pepper corns, jeera, curry leaves, hing, and ginger.
- Add curd and little ghee to the batter and mix well.
- To this add the fried items and mix well.
- Take stainless tumbler grease the sides and put inside the plantain leaf or mandarin leaf and grease with ghee.
- Fill batter into the tumblers to the half of its height and Keep inside the idli cooker, steam it for 15 minutes.
- Once done, remove from flame and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer it on a plate.
- Serve hot with chutney.
- 200 grams Raw rice
- 100 grams Urad dal
- Pinch of Hing
- 1 tablespoon Black pepper corns
- 1 tablespoon Jeera
- 2 tablespoon Ghee
- 100 ml Curd
- 15 Cashews
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- Small piece of Ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon IDHAYAM sesame Oil
- Salt as required
- A small piece Plantain leaf or mandarai leaf
©Copyright 2012, lekhafoods, All Rights Reserved