SPICED MUSHROOMS WITH COCONUT
Here is a simple and delicious way to cook mushrooms. They can be served with almost any Indian meal as well as with traditional Western grilled or roasted meats and poultry.
Preparation Method :
- Heat a karahi, wok, or shallow pan until hot. Add the oil and swirl it around.
- Add the garlic and chillies, then stir-fry for a few seconds.
- Add the shallots and stir-fry them for 2 - 3 minutes until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and bring to boil.
- Boil rapidly over high heat until the liquid has reduced by about half and coats the mushrooms. Add salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle over the chopped coriander and toss the mushrooms gently to mix. Serve immediately.
- 2 tablespoons Cooking oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 fresh red chillies, seeded and sliced into rings
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 250 grams brown cap (cremini) mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- Salt and ground black pepper
©Copyright 2012, lekhafoods, All Rights Reserved