Preparation Method :
- Soak all the dals in water for about an hour. Drain off excess water, completely.
- Grind the dals with the chillies to a coarse batter.
- Stir the salt, chopped onions, curry leaves, coriander leaves, green chillies, asafoetida powder and ginger into the batter.
- Heat oil in a kadhai or wok. Wet both your hands. Take a ladle of batter and place it on the palm of your left hand.
- Flatten the batter and make a hole in the centre. Slip the batter gently into the oil.
- Fry till golden brown and crisp. Drain on a sheet of kitchen paper.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
- 75 grams red gram dal
- A few curry leaves
- 75 grams black gram dal
- 75 grams Bengal gram dal
- 6 dry red chillies
- 75 grams finely chopped onions
- A bunch of coriander leaves, chopped fine
- 4 green chillies, chopped fine
- 1" piece ginger, chopped fine
- ½ teaspoon asafoetida powder
- Salt to taste
- IDHAYAM sesame Oil for frying
1 comment for “Masala Vadai”
©Copyright 2012, lekhafoods, All Rights Reserved