Preparation Method :
- The Filling: Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, when it starts to pop, add the onion and fry until golden.
- Add the chillies, turmeric, ginger and fry for about a minute or two. Adjust seasoning with salt.
- If the mixture sticks to the pan, add little water and stir. Add the peas, stir and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes with fresh coriander, stir and cook for a minute. Stir in the lemon juice and leave to cool slightly.
- Rub the ghee or butter in a bowl with the sifted flour and salt until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the water and knead to a smooth dough. Cover and chill for about 20-30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 10-12 pieces. Dust with flour and roll each piece into a thin circle, then cut each circle in half. Fold each semi-circle into a cone.
- Fill the cones with a spoonful of the filling. Brush the seam with water to seal. Dampen the top edge and seal firmly.
- Heat the oil for deep-frying pan. Deep- fry the samosas until crisp and golden. Serve hot with sauce.
- 150 grams plain flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoon ghee or butter
- 50 ml water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 150 grams frozen peas
- 150 grams cooked potatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 green chillies, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh root ginger
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh coriander
- 3 teaspoon IDHYAM MANTRA peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3 teaspoon lemon juice
- IDHYAM MANTRA peanut oil, for deep-frying
- Salt, to taste
12 comments for “Vegetable Samosas”
©Copyright 2012, lekhafoods, All Rights Reserved