BALTI CHICKEN PASANDA
Preparation Method :
- Add the chicken pieces with yogurt, cumin seeds, 1 cardamoms, peppercorns, garam masala, cinnamon stick, ground almonds, garlic, ginger, chilli powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl , stir to coat and leave to marinate for 1- 1 ½ hours.
- Heat the oil in a large karahi, wok or deep pan. Add the onions and fry for 2 minutes.
- Tip in the chicken mixture and stir until it is well blended with the onions.
- Cook for 10 -12 minutes over a medium heat until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the green chillies and fresh coriander and pour in the cream. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Serve hot garnished with more coriander.
- 50 grams Greek (US strained plain) yogurt
- ½ teaspoon black cumin seeds
- 4 cardamom pods
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 in cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh root ginger
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- Salt to Taste
- 750 grams skinless, boneless chicken, cubed
- 75 ml Cooking oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 fresh green chillies, chopped
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 100 ml single (light) cream
©Copyright 2012, lekhafoods, All Rights Reserved