Rava kesari is a popular south indian sweet made from semolina during the festive season.Rava kesari’s north indian counterpart is Sooji Ka Halwa
Preparation Method :
- Heat ¾ of ghee and fry the semolina till almost golden in colour.
- Add 400 ml hot water to the semolina. Cook till the water is absorbed.
- Add the sugar, crushed cardamoms and saffron and cook till well blended.
- In a pan heat the remaining ghee and fry the cashew nuts and raisins and add to the pudding.
- Transfer the pudding on to a greased plate. Cut it neatly into diamonds and garnish with fried cashew nuts and raisins. Serve hot or cold.
- 150 grams semolina
- 225 grams sugar
- 75 grams ghee
- 6 green cardamoms, crushed
- A few saffron strands
- 20 - 22 cashew nuts, halved
- 15 grams seedless raisins
24 comments for “Rava Kesari”
©Copyright 2012, lekhafoods, All Rights Reserved