TOASTED PITA WITH WHIPPED FETA
Preparation Method :
- Soak feta with water for 30 min. Drain and grate feta.
- Puree feta in a blender with cream cheese, heavy cream, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Transfer the whipped feta in a bowl and keep it in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Marinate cucumbers with remaining olive oil and lemon juice.
- Season with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- While serving spread the whipped feta on the toasted pita or cracker and then place 1-2 pieces of the marinated cucumber on top of it.
- 250 grams feta cheese
- 50 grams cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 tablespoon Cooking oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- ½ loaf of toasted pita bread/10-12 salt crackers
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste (freshly ground)
©Copyright 2012, lekhafoods, All Rights Reserved