CURLY ENDIVE AND WILD ASPARAGUS SALAD
Preparation Method :
- Pull off and discard the tough outer leaves of the curly endive, retaining the tender green leaves at the center.
- Rinse, but do not trim, the wild asparagus. If using cultivated asparagus, cut off and discard the woody ends of the spears.
- Cut the curly endive and asparagus into pieces. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a skillet or frying pan.
- Add the garlic and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, for 1-2 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon, and discard.
- Add the bread cubes; increase the heat to medium, and cook, stirring constantly, for a few minutes, until lightly browned. Set aside. Shortly before serving, arrange the curly endive and asparagus in layers on a platter with the croutons and walnuts sprinkled in between.
- Put both kinds of vinegar and the remaining olive oil into a screw-top jar, season with salt and pepper, fasten the lid, and shake vigorously until thoroughly blended. Pour the dressing over the salad.
- Serve Immediately.
- 500 grams curly endive
- 250 grams wild asparagus
- 6 tablespoons Cooking oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 slices toasted bread, crusts removed, diced
- 4 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
©Copyright 2012, lekhafoods, All Rights Reserved