BRAISED RED BEANS
Preparation Method :
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, until softened and translucent.
- Add all the other ingredients and simmer for 1-2 hours, until they are softened and the liquid has reduced to a thick-sauce.
- Add a little hot water during cooking, if the dish seems dry.
- Serve hot or at room temperature, accompanied by feta cheese or olives.
- 120 ml Cooking oil
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 kg fresh cranberry or borlotti beans, or dried cranberry or borlotti beans, soaked overnight in water to cover and drained
- 500 grams fresh or canned tomatoes, pureed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (optional)
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 25 grams finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small, long green chilli, sliced
- 500 ml hot water
- Salt and pepper
- Feta cheese or olives, to serve
©Copyright 2012, lekhafoods, All Rights Reserved