MELOMACARONA (HONEY COOKIES)
Preparation Method :
- At first beat together oil, orange juice, brandy and sugar.
- Now add the remaining ingredients one by one (flour, cloves, nutmeg, vanilla extract, baking powder and baking soda).
- Mix it well and knead it into dough.
- Pinch off small portions of dough, roll it and then flatten it to form patties.
- Place it on a baking dish and bake in a pre heated oven for 30 minutes at 180 degree C.
- Make the syrup by boiling honey, sugar and water together in a pot for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from oven and pour the syrup over the cookies or melomacarona.
- Allow it to soak for 15 minutes and then take them out of the syrup and arrange it on serving plate.
- Serve it after garnishing with chopped walnuts and cinnamon.
- 300 grams all-purpose flour
- 250 ml Cooking oil
- 30 grams Sugar
- 30 ml Brandy
- 1 Orange, Juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoons baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon for garnishing
- 3 tablespoon walnut (chopped) for garnishing
- 250 ml Honey
- 225 grams Sugar
- 250 ml Water
©Copyright 2012, lekhafoods, All Rights Reserved